– Ideally sized Air Conditioned 4WD Vehicles.
– Small Groups for maximum personalised service.
– Experienced Drivers/Tour Guides who know the Island and it’s Fauna and Flora.
– Morning Tea, Coffee & Scrumptious BBQ Lunch with abundance of meat:
|– Steak||– German Sausage||– Bavarian Leberkase||– Salad|
|– Rice||– Tropical Fruit||– Fruit Juices||– Wine and Beer|
– Beach Fishing while driver prepares lunch
– Swimming and Fun in the Sun
Minjerriba – The Giant in the Sun, is what the aborigines call North Stradbroke Island. It is gigantic indeed, 35 km long and 15 km wide at it’s widest point. One of the largest subtropical sand Islands in Australia, it has sand dunes over 200 meters high, Eucalypt Forests, patches of the Rain Forest, Typical Australian bush and hidden crystal clear lakes are situated all over the Island.
Watch from the rocky outcrops and picturesque gorges in the north as DOLPHINS play in the surf, huge MANTA RAYS glide past. SEA TURTLES often come to the surface for air. During winter the magnificent HUMPBACK WHALES migrating to the northern breeding grounds can be observed from land.
This Island is packed with WILDLIFE and large portions are NATIONAL PARKS. Experiencing NORTH STRADBROKE ISLAND at the gates of Brisbane is like visiting well known FRASER ISLAND which boasts an almost identical make-up and topography.
Pick-up Gold Coast and Brisbane Hotels from 7.00 a.m. Return around 5.00 p.m. Also pick-up from Cleveland at 8.45 a.m. and Dunwich Visitors Centre at 9.45 a.m.